Cancelled Sunday 18th December Ride Out.

I had planned a ride out this weekend to Hollingworth Lake at Littleborough near Rochdale, for lunch at the Wine Press and stopping at Haworth on the way. After doing a recce with Roy Beniston a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been watching the long range weather forecast since. A few days ago it was showing 70% chance of sleet and near freezing temperatures on Sunday 18th. Now it is showing 90% chance of rain but temperatures a little higher. Even if we chose another route the weather is going to be the same and I don’t believe we should ride out in these conditions, so sadly and sorry but I am cancelling the ride.

The first Sunday ride of 2023 hopefully (weather permitting) will provide an opportunity to try again.

Thank you for all your support in 2022, Ride Leaders, TEC’s and those that joined the rides. I hope you got as much out of it as I did.

Roll on 2023.

Barry Ring

Ride Out Coordinator

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply